question

midnightsun avatar image
midnightsun asked

Victron battery protect 12v 65amp I'm trying to switch off my balmar regulator

Hi I have a victron battery protect 12v 65amp I'm trying to switch off my balmar mc-614 regulator using the ignition wire through the battery protect but when the high voltage is triggered through the bmv 712 it turns the battery protect off but there is still enough residual voltage to maintain the regulators current state. I want to turn the regulator off how can i achieve this?

Battery Protect
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
tommas avatar image
tommas answered ·

Do hou have any schematic diagram of you’re situation? A BP only works in one direction. It only stops energy flow in one way, the other way it will continue flowing energy. So if you turn it around, maybe it will work.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

midnightsun avatar image midnightsun commented ·

Sorry about the delay but i have made an attempt at a schematic I want to use the high voltage charger setting to turn the sbp-65 off if the ignition wire is the positive it should turn the regulator off in the event of a high volt situation

0 Likes 0 ·
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

If you are getting some residule voltage holding the Balmar Reg on, then I would install a relay , so that the BP trigger control feed also turns the relay on and off, thus the Balmar will be isolated from the BP circuit

2 |3000

midnightsun avatar image
midnightsun answered ·

Sorry about the delay but i have made an attempt at a schematic. I want to use the high voltage charger setting to turn the sbp-65 off .(So can a pair from the BMV-712 comm & NO turn the SBP-65 off via the remote L H ? )

3 comments
2 |3000

jordanb avatar image jordanb commented ·

Did you ever find a solution for this? I am interested in the same thing - turning off Balmar regulator based on BMV-700 relay (SOC%) and and BP-65. Is this possible? Did you find a way to do this? Thanks.

0 Likes 0 ·
nebulight avatar image nebulight jordanb commented ·

I wouldn't use a battery protect if you're just using it to control a regulator. Victron released a solid switch that can be used how you'd need (it's even in their datasheet):

https://www.victronenergy.com/accessories/solidswitch-104

https://www.victronenergy.com/upload/documents/Datasheet-SolidSwitch-104-EN.pdf

Just use the relay on the BMV for remote h input.

0 Likes 0 ·
jordanb avatar image jordanb nebulight commented ·

Excellent! Did not know about this guy. Thank you.

0 Likes 0 ·