question

pnwfireguy avatar image
pnwfireguy asked

BP100 lithium mode not disconnecting

I am using a BP100 programmed in lithium mode to connect and disconnect my PV array from my non-Victron MPPT solar charger. My BMS control, which sync' voltage to ground, is controlling a small SSD coil. The output of that SSD is the 12vdc applied to pin 2.1 on the BP100. When my BMS tuns off its charge enable relay I am able to confirm the SSD relay turns off as well. However my solar charger display panel still indicates that it is charging my lithium pack. With a volt meter I measure no potential across the BP100 source/load posts. In short with pin 2.1 12vdc source removed the load is not being disconnected. It is my understanding that the the BP100 will not allow back feeding.

Battery Protect
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
nebulight avatar image
nebulight answered ·

Do you have a smart BP100? If so you can see what it's doing in the app. I have my BMS also hooked up to a BP100 for my DC-DC charger AND my mppt (victron). When the high signal is removed it will update the app showing DISABLED BY REMOTE.

Do you have a BMV or other battery monitor? Can you see if you are getting charge current to your battery?

img-1006.png (53.9 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.