question

nero avatar image
nero asked

ESS not working properly

Hello, I managed to get my multiplus II to a state where it takes priority energy from the grid and not from the battery.

ESS is not working properly. As if the ESS remained in external control.

I was doing read and write over Modbus TCP using LOXONE. I don't know at which step it went wrong.

I made entries in the registers 2704, 2705, 2706, 2901, 37. I wanted to create an energy management system for controlling energy flows according to consumption of appliances using loxone.

I later found out that the Multiplus draws energy from the mains as a priority and not from the battery.

I wanted to return the system to its original state - I canceled the Modbus TCP communication so that Loxone does not interfere with the ESS - no change.

I removed ESS from the system, downloaded a new one from the web, configured it for cooperation with the grid (europa), uploaded it to the system - no change.

I changed the firmware in Gerba - no change.

The load runs from the grid, the PV only charges the batteries. The Grid setpoint parameter does not react to the change.

I managed to achieve the desired state only by cyclically writing the value 0 to register 2706 (every second).

That is not the solution.

I can't help myself anymore.

System: MULTIPLUS-II 48/5000/70-50 (firmware 502, VE.bus version 2623502), SmartSolar MPPT VE.Can 250/85 rev2 (firmware v3.13), Gerbo GX (firmware v3.10). Battery 48V 225Ah (GEL/AGM type, without BMS).

Could someone advise me on what to do next?

Nero

sorry, the text was translated by Google translatorconsole.png

ess settings
console.png (64.7 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@nero

It is behaving normally for a system with a small bank. Solar priority would charge the battery. Loads from Grid untill the battery is at a higher SOC.

What I have seen is usually goes to pass through them after the battery reaches close to 100% or the battery SOC set point in base of grid faliure.

If you switch off battery life and step up or down the SOC at intervals during the day, you can manipulate it so the loads and charging run from the solar.

But you can start with just altering in ESS battery life off and see if that helps your situation.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

nero avatar image
nero answered ·

Hi Alexandra,

SOC is set to 40%, Optimized mode is on (without BatteryLife)

so the load should be drawn from the battery/PV.

Yesterday I turned on DVCC, in this state at least the inverter started.

If DVCC was off, the Multi was in pass-through mode with the inverter off.console-2.png

console-2.png (240.9 KiB)
2 |3000

nero avatar image
nero answered ·

ve-conf.png (452.7 KiB)
2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic