question

lstyles avatar image
lstyles asked

Is it okay to leave the RJ45 cable attached to multiplus compact when not using VEconfigure?

Due to space limitations making access to the multiplus difficult I was wondering if I can leave the RJ45 cable for using VEconfigure software on computer plugged into the multiplus? I would just leave the cable coiled up and easy to access. Then I would just connect the MK3-USB device (and computer) to that cable. Is there any reason why leaving the cable in would not work. Note that I don’t plus to use a multiplus control panel so would still have another port available.

Multiplus-II
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Short answer: No, nothing against it.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Jono (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Jono (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

I don't see why this would be a problem. I'd try and protect the RJ45 connector in some way to avoid it accidentally making contact with anything metal in the access area. Other than that, it would be fine :-)

2 |3000

lstyles avatar image
lstyles answered ·

Thanks so much for rapid reply!

2 |3000