question

benjamin-w avatar image
benjamin-w asked

Victron Connect looping at 80%: help needed

VictronConnect_report.log

Hey all,

we just bought a Camper Van that fortunately already had the electronic setup installed. However, as I tried to connect to the VE.Direct Smart (MPPT 100/20 48V), I got stuck in the same loop as other people here in this forum, that is at 80% I am asked to enter the PIN (still standard 000000), but that takes me back to 1% and after repeating this three times, it throws an error. The previous owner also doesn't understand the problem (it had worked onsite with his phone miraculously).

Please find attached an error logs (I have tried it many times by now) as well as a screen recording under the link on YouTube. As we are planning a larger trip soon, any help here is highly appreciated!

Screen recording

https://youtube.com/shorts/FWFZPqjsoQc?si=S2pvTdkeO32pA37L

connection issue
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Justin Cook avatar image
Justin Cook answered ·

Reset the PIN using your own phone; even if the default was never changed, resetting the PIN from the new device will usually resolve this issue.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

benjamin-w avatar image
benjamin-w answered ·

Thanks! I didn't know the PUK (allegedly it is on the back of the devices, which are installed in the van so I would have needed to unscrew them; don't know why they put it on the back), but a PIN reset on the device (pressing the button) didn't require a PUK. With that I could now connect to it, cheers!

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic