question

turningitred avatar image
turningitred asked

Multiplus II 2x120 24v stuck in passthru only after turned off and on again

I decided to try the charge only function of the multiplus today.. Bad idea I guess. We're currently boondocking in the Uintas at about 9800 feet. I wanted to try the charge only setting in VRM to see if it charged up our batteries any quicker but I was worried I wouldn't be able to change it back if it cut off the AC power to our rig which would in turn ahut off starlink and therfor leave no way to change the setting back. Then I remembered the rocker switch on the multi. I turned it to off and then charge only. What I got was nothing. Basically it doesn't matter which way I switch it, all I get is passthru mode. Other components in the system are 4 109ah battleborn batteries, bmv-712, cerbo gx, I 630 watts of solor and a Victron mppt charge controller, and an Orion step down converter. I've confirmed that the t-fuse and all connections around it are good. Voltage is 26volts at the battery bank and is the same at the DC lugs on the multi. When the generator is running and the battery bank is disconnected, I get passthru to all ac outlets in the rig as well as 19 volts dc coming from the multi into the Orion. If I reconnect the battery bank I still get passthru and of course 26 colts on the dc side before the Orion. All I have for back up charging is a 12v noco 10 which of course I'll have to disconnect each battery tomorrow to charge them. Nighttime is getting below freezing right now so I need to get this worked out ASAP. I'm really hoping someone out there has had this problem and might have some advice? TIA

Multiplus-II
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

0 Answers