question

h2009 avatar image
h2009 asked

VRM Beta - Dynamic ESS - Nothing for UK?

Hi, just looking at the VRM beta and I see the new tab for ESS. But I noticed there is nothing listed for the UK (not even selectable) is there a reason for this?

ESSVRM
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
Dirk-Jan Faber (Victron Energy) avatar image
Dirk-Jan Faber (Victron Energy) answered ·

Dynamic pricing for the UK is not provided by Entsoe right now. And that is what is being used as source for the pricing information.

That being said, you might be able to use the "fixed prices" and different prices for the weekend and weekdays.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Peter avatar image
Peter answered ·

Gbbvictronweb.gbbsoft.pl support UK. :-)

2 |3000

Michelle Konzack avatar image
Michelle Konzack answered ·

Question:

Are the Baltic states in the list already which use the Energy Bourse Nordpol?

i have seen in the App of Eesti Energia, that on friday the energy price was UNDER 0,30¢/kWh...

18kWh and not even earned 19¢

Hence my customer could have charged the batteries and sold it late for uo to 0,6€/kWh...

2 |3000

peterfearn0 avatar image
peterfearn0 answered ·

I which I knew Victron doesn’t support uk with Dynamic ESS before I wasted a day upgrading the Venus OS from V2.89 to V3.30, and then to a beta version V3.40xxx…….. the manual just said you needed an ess system, not use a generator outside of power outages and running Venus os V3.30 or nearer. Nothing about having to be in a set country!!!!!!

And the half hour prices are available in API, for my energy provider (Octopus) if your a partner of them or a customer. See link below.

https://developer.octopus.energy/docs/api/

2 |3000