question

ivica avatar image
ivica asked

Two multiplus in cascade

Hi Victron team,

Why this configuration (see drawing Cascade.pdf) isn't OK. Multiplus’ have separate batteries and separate CCGX. Generator 2kW is on AC input of Multiplus Compact 24/1600VA and AC output of this Multiplus is on AC input of Multiplus Compact 24/800VA. Both Multiplus’ can run in passthru and power assist mode (chargers is off). I can set AC input current limit for both Multiplus’ and on this way power of each source. I can get power from single source or from all sources together. Is this possible?

Thanks for your support!

Ivica

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
cascade.pdf (87.4 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @Ivica

This setup -might- work, but it is not easy to configure / predict how the two inverters and the generator work together, it might be possible to let it work fine, but I hope you understand that Victron cannot support such systems.

Maybe users on this forum have experience with this, and otherwise you can just try it and share the results.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.