question

iammotorhomeless avatar image
iammotorhomeless asked

node-red-contrib-victron 1.5.0 - Custom Input

I just wanted to say thank you for the Custom Inputs in the new version 1.5.0

I have a pair of Multiplus II's fed by a RS 450/200, and I have wanted to have the 4 inputs showing in my Node Red dashboard.

Not finished… but the Custom Input is working great, now I can show stuff like the Total PV and then the 4 trackers current PV power, daily total, and then an average daily per panel :)

this new node, offers endless possibilities

keep up the good work... we do appreciate it

rs450-200-input.png

1695115108757.png

ESSMPPT SmartSolarNode-REDmonitoringdashboard
1695115108757.png (117.0 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Dirk-Jan Faber (Victron Energy) avatar image
Dirk-Jan Faber (Victron Energy) answered ·

Thanks for the kind words! I hope that you will like the upcoming version as well, which replaces the "connected" and "ok" with the last seen value, making debugging flows a lot easier.
1695192519448.png

1695192519448.png (8.7 KiB)
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

iammotorhomeless avatar image iammotorhomeless commented ·

Cool...
I did something simillar when I was making my Shelly Pro 4PM flow

showing if the switch was Off, or On with a ring, or (switch3) On and drawing a load as a dot
makes life so much easier to see on the flow,
rather than trying to spot it on a debug list, scrolling up the page

var power = msg.payload.apower;
var amps = msg.payload.current.toFixed(1);
var energy = msg.payload.aenergy.total/1000;
energy = energy.toFixed(4);
var relayOn = msg.payload.output;

if (power >="0.1")
{
node.status({fill:"green",shape:"dot",text:"Using: "+ power+" W - | - "+ amps+" A - | - Total energy: "+energy+ " Kwh "});
}
else if (relayOn ==true)
{
node.status({fill:"green",shape:"ring",text:"Using: "+ power+" W - | - Total energy: "+energy+ " Kwh "});
}
else if (relayOn ==false)
{
node.status({fill:"red",shape:"ring",text:"Using: "+  power+" W - | - Toatl energy: "+energy+ " Kwh "});
}
return msg;

shellypro4pm-flow-01.jpg

0 Likes 0 ·
tailele avatar image
tailele answered ·

sorry for the stupid question, I'm new to the node red world, I would like to know if you have a tutorial, how to set up this screen. Personally, I would really like to understand what is the maximum power that I could produce from the panels instantly and actually what is the power that I am producing. This is because by not making any contributions online, I find it very difficult to understand how much I am exploiting my system

2 |3000