question

d3v3r avatar image
d3v3r asked

Victron Multiplus 3000 has Zero volts AC out and No AC in

So I installed my Victron Multiplus in my van about 2 months ago but wasnt ready to install any 120v circuits yet so I tested it to confirm that there was 120V across the AC 1 terminals and that shore power was functioning. Today I went to install just some circuits and got it all hooked up flipped it on and nothing. Zero volts on the AC terminal. wanting to double check I had not bumped something during other parts of my van install I unhooked the mains from my breaker box and flipped on the power, still zero volts. I have 13ish volts coming from my battery but nothing on the ac terminal. Also I went to plug shore power in not knowing what else to check and It doesnt show AC IN connected while in the app and I'm not measuring anything across the AC in terminals. Im at a loss. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

EDIT: I was thinking back to yesterday when I was trying to figure this out and I think I might of shorted the inverter out. Below is the play by play (sorry its going to be a chunk of text):

• Inverter is installed 2 months ago. 120v at terminals and shore power functioning
  • Hooked up the 6ga wire to the fuse box (50 amp breaker)
  • Ran a simple 120v circuit to some outlets
  • Switched the whole system on and plugged in an outlet tester (nothing)
  • went to go check voltage at the fuse box and accidentally had my multi meter probes plugged into the amperage checker but still set to voltage. Probed the hot line into the wire into the fuse and the negative buss bar. There was a little spark on the hot side and I might of heard a small pop from thee inverter.
  • Reset the multimeter to test voltage and NOTHING.

Is there a chance that I overloaded the inverter? Is so is there something I can do to fix it?

Multiplus-II
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

snoobler avatar image snoobler commented ·

Do you have LFP batteries? If so, did you use a pre-charge resistor when connecting the battery to the inverter?

0 Likes 0 ·
d3v3r avatar image d3v3r snoobler commented ·
I'm using battle born LiFePo4 batteries. I have 600AH wired up in series, running into a lynx distributer then over to the inverter.
0 Likes 0 ·
0 Answers