question

diabolik avatar image
diabolik asked

dynamic load of a backup gen

Hi all,

I'm considering getting a backup generator for my multiplus-ii. Following FAQ, I better go with a bigger capacity generator to make sure it's not overloaded. Which is not worth it in my case, so I'm considering getting a generator about the same nominal power as the inverter. To my knowledge it's not an issue as far as the AC input current limit and/or a DC charge current limit are set. I didn't check the settings yet, but I have one question regarding this. Is it possible (w/o any additional devices, PLCs and whatsoever) in a simple way to set a dynamic current limit? E.g. if no current is required in the AC circuit (after the inverter), then set the DC charge current to one value (e.g. 75% of what the generator can supply, looking it up in the generator manual). If some current is required in the AC circuit, then set the DC charge current as 75% of (what the generator can supply minus the current supplied to the AC circuit). I'm not electrical engineer, please do no throw stones at me.

And perhaps even more silly question. If my battery is 100% SOC and say I have a 3 kVA inverter and a 3 kVA backup generator. Can I pull say up to 5 kW to the AC circuit when the generator is running (and DC charge current is set to 0)?

Probably the answer is not, but if surprisingly the answer is yes, then. Can I set up the system such that the generator will start only when say the load is >100% of the inverter power? Sort of to use the generator to back up the inverter when the loads are too high?

Generator
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

0 Answers