question

hobbystuff avatar image
hobbystuff asked

BlueSolar MPPT 100/30 BlueTooth and Remote on/off

I have a BlueSolar MPPT 100/30 and am using the Bluetooth dongle with it. Is it possible to access the Rx pin to also allow remote on/off control? If not, how can I turn off the solar charge controller remotely? On my boat, it is necessary to turn off the solar when the engine is running since the alternator regulator assumes it is the only charge source.

MPPT Controllers
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
chedrick avatar image
chedrick answered ·

In the Bluetooth app go to your device and in the upper right you will see a gear for settings press battery and you should see charger enable/disable. You don’t have to disable the solar charger with the motor running it will see the added voltage and adjust accordingly.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ·

Hi @Hobbystuff, I've stumbled over your post looking for something else.

The answer is no, that is not possible. If you want to use the RX Pin in the VE.Direct port for the Remote on/off control, you can't also use the VE.Direct pin for something else, such as the bluetooth dongle that you're already using.

Documentation about using the remote on/off RX pin on the VE.Direct port is here: https://www.victronenergy.com/cables/ve-direct-non-inverting-remote-on-off-cable . I see now that it doesn't clearly explain this, we'll amend it. Thanks!

2 |3000