question

sintesis avatar image
sintesis asked

Connecting different systems with different voltaje to the Venus GX

I have a main system at 48V (MPPT Bluesolar 150/60, Multiplus 48/5000/70, BMV-700 and Venus GX) and another small 12V system on the side with a Victron Phoenix 12/375 inverter. I would like to monitor that system too. Is it possible to connect this unit to a port on the Venus GX to read its data remotely or will that confuse the whole 48V system?

Venus GX - VGX
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
markus avatar image
markus answered ·

I do not think, that adding a 2nd BMV from another system to Venus is a good idea.

Maybe consider to change the BMV 700 to a 702 and monitor the 12V system as a "starter battery"

5 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

sintesis avatar image sintesis commented ·

Yes, I thought about that option too. All I really wanted to do was to remotely access the inverter, but that could perhaps mix up things for the main system.

0 Likes 0 ·
markus avatar image markus ♦♦ sintesis commented ·

As a suggestion: Get a Raspberry Pi for that and make a whole separate system. It would be a cheap solution.

0 Likes 0 ·
sintesis avatar image sintesis commented ·

That is true, thanks , that sounds like a fun assignment!

0 Likes 0 ·

You will wonder, how easy this will be set up.

1.) get a Pi

2.) Flash SD card with Venus Image

3.) connect LAN and VE.direct

There is plenty of documentation available online.

0 Likes 0 ·

But I don't know, if your smaller inverter is fully compatible with Venus yet. Make sure to check that first.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic