question

Dangjohnson avatar image
Dangjohnson asked

New to me rv with BMV712

We have recently purchased a motor home with a victron bmv712 monitor. I have been trying to connect via the app but need the PUK code to do so. The monitor is securely installed in the wall and I can’t see the back of it to get the code, the manufacturer didn’t retain the code and without it I can’t connect. Is there a default code I can use to gain access to the unit??

BMV Battery Monitor
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
gazza avatar image
gazza answered ·

Not to my knowledge. If you have the serial number then you may be able to get the PUK code from the original dealer that it was bought from, prob not possible either! You may have to find a way to remove the panel to get to the back of it...

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Hi @Dangjohnson,

There is no work around to the PUK code.

It may be possible to get it by filling in this support request form based on the serial number, with a proof of purchase.

http://victronenergy.com/support

Though it might be easier to try to physically access the back of the monitor screen.

2 |3000