question

alacrity avatar image
alacrity asked

MultiPlus voltage fluctuations

MultiPlus 2KVA 120V with remote control panel.

Installed this past spring; everything worked fine for four months. I was out of the country for three weeks; when I got back to the boat and turned the inverter on it was only providing 102V AC (previously it was about 120-122). As soon as I supply a load it starts wildly fluctuating between 80V and 128V. Any significant load trips the overload.

Connecting to shore power or running the generator both work fine.

Any possibility I can reset the inverter somehow?

Multiplus-II
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@Alacrity

First port of call is an ac wiring and connection check.

(But more thorough would be a whole system check).

Settings don't change, what does change is the physical install.

How are your batteries?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

alacrity avatar image
alacrity answered ·

Batteries are good; can run everything (fridge, freezer, electronics, etc.) except the inverter.

I don't know how the wiring could have suddenly gone bad, but I will check that next.

2 |3000

alacrity avatar image
alacrity answered ·

Measured the voltages at the connections on the Multiplus:

DC input is 13.6v.

AC output is 102v with no load. Any load causes the wild fluctuation in AC voltage output.

2 |3000