question

wesley-corbet avatar image
wesley-corbet asked

Quattro Emergency Stop

Hi,

I have an installation with 6 x Quattro 48/15000 inverters (3 phase, parallel) and a Cerbo, due to the installation size, I added an Emergency stop button into the system with 6 contacts on it, one for each inverter. Then I removed the remote on/off bridge that comes factory fitted in the inverter and wired a separate NC contact of the E Stop to each inverter ( 2 separate wires to each inverter)
When operating the E Stop, all inverters turn off as they should, but around 10 seconds later, they all came on again for around 10seconds then off again and the cycle repeats while the E Stop is engaged.
Just wondering if anyone can provide any advice on why it is doing this and not just remaining off when each of the remote on/off terminals are open circuited?

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Mike Dorsett avatar image Mike Dorsett commented ·
you probably need to implement the estop from the cerbo - monitor a digital input, and get that to turn the system off.
1 Like 1 ·
1 Answer
wesley-corbet avatar image
wesley-corbet answered ·

For emergency stops, they should not rely on software and instead, should be a hardwired solution. This raises the next question, would the remote on/off wire inside the inverters be a hardwired solution anyway, given all of the inverters restart after around 10 seconds, it would appear the remote on/off wire also relies on software which reinforces why a hardwired solution is necessary for emergency stops in the first place.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.