question

gabriele-rossi avatar image
gabriele-rossi asked

Integrate 12v wind turbine in a 24v system

Just got this 12v wind turbine as a gift (https://www.yumpu.com/en/document/read/11133725/air-403-land-manual-southwest-windpower) , bearings are completely cactus but the rest is working fine. I'm running a full off grid easysolar 24/3000/70 system with 6 250w panels and 8 190ah agm batteries in series parallel 24v connected via a lynx power in (modified with fuses). The turbine is 12v and has a regulator integrated from what I have understood. Wondering if I could hook it up to a step up 12 to 24 and after into a victron mppt before going into the bus bar so I can monitor it in vrm? Will the regulators conflict? Or should I use only a shunt in dc monitor mode? Also will the stepup 12 to 24 be ok with the rest of my system, providing matches the potential max amps of turbine? Thanks for your suggestions

Hydro and Wind Power
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

Maybe look at a orion 12volt to 24v unit, you will have to be carefull of the open circuit voltages as these can be high on a wind gen. if its got a inbuilt reg then you should be fine, you may have to have a 12v battery there as well just as a absorption buffer for spikes

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

gabriele-rossi avatar image gabriele-rossi commented ·
Thanks for the suggestion.

Yes it has a regulator with stop function integrated indeed.

So basically turbine to fuse to switch to orion to bus bar, connected with smart networking for monitoring, correct?

Where would have the buffering battery?

Between the switch and the orion correct?

Appreciate your time bud

0 Likes 0 ·
Paul B avatar image Paul B gabriele-rossi commented ·
Yes between tghe wind turbines output and the orion
0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic