question

rubberbrick avatar image
rubberbrick asked

Phoenix 24/1200 restart and alarm setting

With my new 24v powerplus pro lithium battery setup I have set the phoenix 24/1200 inverter to battery manufacturer low battery shut down recommendation at 25.10v (20% soc) and tried the low battery restart and alarm value at recommended 2v above shut down value (27.1v) and charge detect at 26v (recommended) but was continually getting low Battery alarms when voltage drops below 27.1 so I changed it to 26.4 but am still getting alarms when fridge goes into defrost and pulls voltage briefly below 26.4. Why is the voltage alarm setting combined with the low battery reset value, it does not make sense surely it should be a seperate value on falling voltage somewhere before shutdown value not restart value, or am I missing something (entirely possible) my system has never been below 88% soc and lowest voltage recorded is 26.28v

alarm
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
derrick thomas avatar image
derrick thomas answered ·

Is this a lifepo4 battery? If so your low voltage settings are way too high. And voltage is a horrible indicator of SOC for LifePo4 batteries.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

rubberbrick avatar image
rubberbrick answered ·

Thanks for input, yes lifepo4 and yes they do seem high although they are as per manufactures settings for victron phoenix inverters here https://www.powerplus-energy.com.au/files/Victron_PowerPlus_Charger_Settings.pdf under section for Victron Phoenix VE.Direct Inverter settings. Still seems weird that the phoenix alarm will activated on passing the reset value, cheers

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic