question

marlin22 avatar image
marlin22 asked

How can I charge my lithium batteries to full charge before a trip with my Multiplus 12/3000/120

Hi Guys,

New to all things Victron, I would like to force charge my batteries to 100% before I run my boat out on a weekend trip. I have read on here about assistants and ignore AC. I have followed the instructions but nothing.

I have wired the Multi like shown below to Aux 1 for a SPST switch10684-1592132828564.png

I have set up the assistant like shown below

how-to-override-ignore-ac-5.jpg

Also with this variant

10784-yaka-last-edition1.jpg

But no luck, please let me know what I am doing wrong or what I need to learn to make this work

Thanks!

charger
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Michelle Konzack avatar image
Michelle Konzack answered ·

Do you have a GX device instalked?

The Multiplus-2 should even without GX charge yozr batteries if shore power is connected.

But before this wirks, you need to program the MultiPlus-2 first, because without the right seting for the input current and typevif battery it refuse to charge (for security reason)

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

snoobler avatar image
snoobler answered ·

First, complete removal of all assistants = default behavior will be for MP to fully charge battery when connected to AC input and power loads with pass through AC input.

I don't think you have it wired in such a way as the unit can see anything. If you close the switch, the circuit is still open because the programmable relay is still simply open.

This method seems simpler:

https://www.victronenergy.com/upload/documents/Manual-Connecting-other-lithium-battery-systems-to-Multis-and-Quattros-EN.pdf

1694142562030.png

Wire the switch directly to Aux1. Open = charger disabled. Closed = charger enabled.

Additionally, I believe your gen start/stop and relays can be used modified to the following:

1694144052872.png

Note that the switch needs to go exclusively on AUX.

Open = ignore the AC input.

Closed = don't ignore AC input - power loads and charge from AC input.

Things are a little backwards. When General flag = on, ignore AC input - no charging. So you want general flag OFF to charge.

Close switch on AUX:

after two seconds, programmable switch turns off the general flag. AC is NOT ignored. Unit will power loads with AC and charge with AC with a 30 minute absorption cycle - should get you to 100%.

Open switch on AUX:

after two seconds, programmable switch turns ON the general flag. AC input is ignored. Loads are powered by inverter. No charging.

Charge will also start if battery voltage drops below 12V

1694142562030.png (13.0 KiB)
1694144052872.png (29.1 KiB)
2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic