question

bix1 avatar image
bix1 asked

Multiplus 24v 3000VA 70 amp operating questions

Okay my brain hurts... I have a pretty sweet 400 W solar system in my Airstream. I was installed by the previous owner.

Quick background (more below). I have a 24 V charging system that converts to 12V to operate the RV 12V needs. I have two AmpereTime LiFePO4 24V 100ah batteries. Here's what I have: (ignore the filed controller..its for extra external solar panels which I am not using)

img-4034.png

Questions:

1. The only LED light that is illuminating on the Multiplus and the digital multi-control panel is the "inverter on" when the switch is thrown to inverter on. I have seen other posts that suggest that the CATV type cable may be loose? I have made sure the cable is inserted into the multi-control panel. But I have seen warnings in the Victron literature that say to NOT take the front panel of the Multiplus?

Should there always be some light on on the left lights on the panel?

multiplus-panel-2.jpgmultiplus-panel-1.jpg

2. Right now the Smart Solar charge controller is blinking blue on the bulk light.

smartsolar.jpg

Is that normal?

3. The battery voltage reads 26.51V and state of charge is at 88%. I am wondering if I have the correct settings for the battery on the Multiplus controller. It is full on sun today and I suspect that by tonight I'll be close to 98% but there is pretty much no draw on the system right now.

img-4044.png

Shouldn't the multiplus "state" be on showing something other than "bulk" (like absorption or float?)

Here are the current battery settings for the multi-plus:

img-4053.png

Does anyone have a sense for whether these settings are correct?

Thanks in advance. I feel like this system could launch the space shuttle but I don't know how it should be configured!

MPPT Controllers
img-4034.png (374.6 KiB)
img-4044.png (269.2 KiB)
img-4053.png (240.8 KiB)
1694116160446.png (15.2 MiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

The left lights are for mains and charging, if there is no mains (or the system is set to invert only) it can’t charge and mains won’t be lit.

As for settings you need to check the spec sheet for your batteries, lithium generally has float/absorption which are either the same or very close together.

Their site is somewhat light on info, so mail them and ask for charge parameters.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

bix1 avatar image bix1 commented ·

Rick,

What does “mains” mean? Is that only relevant when on shore power?

The good news is I have solar power coming to the MPPT. And the batteries are registering voltage at the MPPT.

I have double checked all the victron settings from my battery manufacturer.

My battery SOC is declining even tho I have nothing on in the airstream. Yesterday is was really overcast so I wouldn’t expect much charging but why would the SOC reduce overnight?

0 Likes 0 ·