question

alainscholtz avatar image
alainscholtz asked

Freedom won issues

Hi everyone I have recently installed a multiplus ii with an freedom won e tower battery both 5kw.... everything set to manual specs... yesterday the battery voltage showed low and when I looked it was on 39.80 on the vrm app I reset the ve bus on the vrm app and boom battery shows 100% any help please?

Multiplus-IIfreedom won
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ commented ·
Is there a BMV or smart shunt in the system? These by default set SOC to 100% after a start or restart.

A very low voltage indicates the batteries aren't being charged. Please give us screen shots from the chargers.

It would help if you list all the components. Are the batteries lithium or AGM?

0 Likes 0 ·
alainscholtz avatar image alainscholtz kevgermany ♦♦ commented ·
Hi sorry So it's a multiplus ii connected to the cerbo gx with an freedom won e tower battery connected to the cerbo gx.
0 Likes 0 ·
3 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@AlainScholtz

Check that the FW still has comms with the GX - should be visible in the device list.

In the system set up on the GX (settings - system setup) - check that the battery monitor is set to the FW battery.

It has possibly defaulted to the internal monitor.

3rd possibility is the FW SOC was falsely triggered to 100% it sometimes happens (on a few manufacturers) that if it was charging and then the current drops off it falsely triggers the battery full SOC.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·
To verify, just check that the target charged voltage was reached. Or keep it on charge untill it is to re sync everything.
0 Likes 0 ·
nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

Are you sure every step in the victron/FW manual has been followed?

Has the GX battery monitor been configured to be the FW BMS under settings -> system setup?

What do you mean by "reset the VE BUS on VRM"?

Some screenshots and charts may be helpful.

2 |3000

alainscholtz avatar image
alainscholtz answered ·

If I go to multiplus ii,advanced and then restart ve bus system....this is what happens.

Battery shows 39 V but when I restart the ve bus system it's like it redects battery and battery is back to 100%

3 comments
2 |3000

nickdb avatar image nickdb ♦♦ commented ·

At 39V the battery is dead.

Check you can see the battery BMS in the GX list.

Compare the voltage the BMS reports to the inverter.

Make sure your GX, as I already suggested, has the BMS chosen as monitor in system setup.

Download the remote config file for your inverter, zip it, then post it here so we can check it.

If you are restarting the inverter and the SOC is changing, it doesn't sound like it is configured to use the BMS of the battery.

0 Likes 0 ·
alainscholtz avatar image alainscholtz nickdb ♦♦ commented ·

How do I download the config...Can the battery cable be the cause that it needs to be on ve can?img-20230825-210111.jpg

0 Likes 0 ·
alainscholtz avatar image alainscholtz alainscholtz commented ·

Here you can see fw is chosenscreenshot-2023-09-06-09-55-39-642-comandroidchrom.jpg

0 Likes 0 ·