question

Dean Perry avatar image
Dean Perry asked

Odd 1s or 2s Error #67 on only one MPPT of 3

The system has 3x SmartSolar RS450/200 side by side with CAN daisy chained then about 6m of cable to Cerbo. Terminators on both ends.

The _middle_ RS450/200 throws a little flurry of Error #67 for one or two seconds each (maybe half a dozen a day). Then everything works fine.

Cabling has been checked, connections plugged and unplugged (because RJ45s :-/ )

Not really sure what to try next - the customer doesn't want the errors and the system didn't always throw them. Not sure what changed - other than the system, which has several Quattros, is now in active use (so ambient electrical noise has increased). I know noise/reflection issues can be weird.

Going to try no termination, just one end etc. Contemplated split-terminations (with a capacitor in the middle) in case it's a particular noise sensitivity issue.

Suggestions?

VE.Canrs450
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

Is the data cabling run separate from power cabling?

Assuming cables are good it could be interference.

Mucking with terminators isn’t a good idea if you already have issues.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Dean Perry avatar image Dean Perry commented ·
They're in separate ducts but yes, not that separate. Crossing 90° to DC cables etc.

It may just be that I'm old and paranoid but the errors appear to correlate with spikes in the load.

0 Likes 0 ·
derrick thomas avatar image
derrick thomas answered ·

Are you only using one can port on the cerbo? If so try moving the offender to the second can port by itself. You wouldn't think it would matter but I have seen stranger things happen. Don't forget to place the terminators appropriately.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic