question

jon-lazaro avatar image
jon-lazaro asked

Multiplus II stuck at "initializing"

I had a Multiplus II 12/3000/120 and Smart Dongle installed in my motorhome in february by a certified Victron installer. The components have served me well since then but just now experienced a complete loss of power from the inverter. There is 13 volts present at the input side; VictronConnect shows "Initializing" and the unit is not powered on. I am connected to shore power and also have run the generator, the battery bank (3x Li Time 230amp) is currently at 91% but the Multiplus unit will not power on (there are no lights).

Based on other Victorian users with similar problem, I have tried cycling the power button from inverter/off/charger several times. I have tried cycling all power (battery, shore, generator) to no avail. I have disconnected the Smart dongle and still no success.

Is there something else I can try? I do have a message to the original installer but I am dead in the water until after the holiday.

Multiplus-II
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
derrick thomas avatar image
derrick thomas answered ·

Disconnect all ac input and outputs (not physically disconnected, circuit breaker disconnect is fine), disconnect DC supply to the inverter (either by opening a disconnect or removing the fuse), wait a few minutes for any residual power to dissipate, then connect the DC and turn on the inverter. See if you can get the inverter online by itself then start closing AC circuit breakers.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.