question

usernamepasswordbs avatar image
usernamepasswordbs asked

Delay inverting after grid loss rcd trip

Hi,

I am currently having a problem with the main RCD on the incoming grid tripping out but what I am asking about here is why after resetting the RCD all loads are supplied solely by the grid for a good 2 minutes or more and only very slowly revert to PV/ battery. When this happens the PV power goes only into the battery.

Set up is a MPII, RS450, Cerbo, Pylontech. The loads in question are on AC1.

Thanks.

Multiplus-II
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

5 Answers
nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

This is normal behaviour after grid recovery, it is also influenced by the grid code settings.

I edited the grid code parameter and mine phases back a lot faster now.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

usernamepasswordbs answered ·

Oh right. A bit annoying for me at the moment.

How do you go about editing the grid code ? It says I need a grid code password.

1 comment
2 |3000

derrick thomas avatar image derrick thomas commented ·
Probably nobody is going to post it here, so Google is your friend.
0 Likes 0 ·

Thanks very much.

Out of interest, what would be the danger of reducing the "reconnect after trip" delay from 60s to 15s ?

1 comment
2 |3000

nickdb avatar image nickdb ♦♦ commented ·

Non-compliance and severe finger waving from men in grey suits.

0 Likes 0 ·

Oh no! Not that!

2 |3000

So, the reconnect of ACout2 is now pretty quick but it still takes a few minutes (more than two) for the inverter to supply the loads. It very slowly increases the PV /battery component, not linearly, just goes up and down by a hundred watts or so and eventually gets down to the target grid supply of 50w.

Is there a parameter I can change to improve this delay, even just temporarily until I work out what's is tripping my main RCD?

Thanks,

2 |3000