question

brett-t avatar image
brett-t asked

Low AC Voltage Output on Quattro 24V 3000

When in inverter mode the AC-1-Out voltage is only 120V, it should be 230V.

This has just started happening with no trigger event that I can identify. It has worked without problem for two years. It had been connected to shorepower in Charger Only mode and no use for about 3 weeks.

Pass through from shorepower and the generator works fine on both AC-1-Out and AC-2-Out.

The batteries supplying 24V DC to the Quattro are fully charged. There is no solar involved.

I can't see any configuration options that even permit the inverter to be set to output 120V. I have not modified any configuration options

Any ideas on the possible source of the problem or things I should check are very welcome.

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@Brett_T

Is this happening with or without a load?

If no load, check AES is not enabled, there is a modified sine wave and it reads as 120v.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

brett-t avatar image
brett-t answered ·

Thankyou @Alexandra, there is no load. So I expect this is the problem. The readings were taken by an electrician fixing a separate DC problem. I will be back on the boat next week and hopefully confirm this.

What are your recommended settings? I do not have any particular need for power saving and the Quattro is kept in Charger Only mode when the boat is not being used.

I also do not want to adjust the configuration settings if the current set-up does not cause a problem. I have seen comments that a modified sine wave can cause issues for electronics. What is your view? What power draw causes the inverter to come out of AES saving mode?

Thanks very much Brett

1 comment
2 |3000

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·
@Brett_T

It is not a problem and usually as soon as a load of a few watts is switched on it leaves that mode and returns to full sine wave.

It may cause an issue with small things like cellphone charging depends on the charger and phone, since they aren't a large enough load to kick it back to full sine wave.

It is easily disabled, since it is a check box in the config. So that really is entirely up to you.

0 Likes 0 ·