question

dubsan avatar image
dubsan asked

Are AC coupled PV and DC coupled PV export limitations fully independent

Hi Victron community,

I have a 3kVA Multiplus II GX with 3 Pylontec US 2000C, 1 x 3 kW Solaredge PV system coupled on the AC input of the Multiplus. There are consumption loads on both the AC input and the AC output of the Multiplus. Thanks to info found on the Victron doc I have been able to connect the solaredge PV inverter and grid meter power and energy data available via modbus to the Multiplus and have them available on the DBUS. Everything works very fine, PV power is used in priority to feed the loads on both sides of the Multiplus, then excess is used to charge the battery and further excess is exported to the grid.

I would like to extend my PV capacity and add approximately 1.2 kW PV, ideally DC coupled which should not be authorized to be exported to the grid. I have seen on the Multiplus menu that there are 2 different export limitation settings. One for the AC coupled and one for the DC coupled PV systems. So it should be possible to set such a system to autorize AC coupled export to grid and at the same time to forbid any export of the DC coupled PV.

I would like to make sure how this will work. Will the total available PV power (AC+DC) be available in full to feed loads on both sides of the Multiplus, charge the battery and then export until the export power equals the AC PV instant power before to start reducing the DC generated power ? Can there be any silly reason why the DC power will be reduced due to energy being exported to the grid while it could still be used to feed the loads coupled on the input side of the multiplus or to charge the batteries.

If anyone has an experience to share on such a system, I would appreciate the feedback. I have not found the answer on the previous posts, maybe I missed that. If so I apologize.

Thanks

JM

Multiplus-II
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

0 Answers