question

yakataka avatar image
yakataka asked

Ve direct cable from mppt 100/30 to ccgx

Hello all.

I bought a CCGX 2 days ago. First a connect it to one mppt 100/50 with ve direct cable ansd it worked perfect. Then i changed and conected it to another mppt 100/30 also with ve direct cable and it doesn't work anymore. I tried 3verything. I update the mppt to version 1.37, then I checked ccgx it is version 1.02....I changed the cable for another one, I try to restart both ccgx and mppt....nothing, the cigs doesn't want to show the mppt in the devices list.

Any ideas, thanks your help.

Eric

MPPT Controllers
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
markus avatar image
markus answered ·

Hi Eric,

are you sure, that the CCGX is on v 1.02? That must be very old. Please update the CCGX to the latest firmware anyway.

ccgx:firmware_updating

Regards,

Markus

3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

yakataka avatar image yakataka commented ·

Hello Marcus.

I try this. Thanks for your prompt reply.

Have a nice day.

0 Likes 0 ·

I made a mistake. Ccgx is version 2.03.

Thanks your reply Markus

0 Likes 0 ·
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ yakataka commented ·

The lastest CCGX FW should be 2.31.

The lastest FW for MPPT should be 1.39.

0 Likes 0 ·
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Is it a new MPPT?

1.37 is also old firmware now for MPPT, please update to latest with VictronConnect.

Are you are using all Victron equipment (cables etc)?

If using all Victron equipment, and everything is on current firmware, if it is still not appearing I would suggest taking it back to the dealer for them to investigate.

1 comment
2 |3000

To Guy. Yes I am using 5 mtrs victron ve direct cable. I change the cable to check is the same. What is strange is that the ccgx shows the input from mppt just once...

0 Likes 0 ·
yakataka avatar image
yakataka answered ·

Hello all. Thanks your answer and help.

Yesterday I used Victron Connect to update mppt. It is now version 1.37

Ccgx is version 2.03, so I have to upgrade to 2.31

Markus gave a link but it does not work for me.

Do you know where I can find ? I tried on Victron website but was unable to find.

Thanks again your help.

2 comments
2 |3000

Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·

Can you plug ethernet or a Wifi-dongle into the CCGX? So you can make an update via

Settings→ Firmware→Online updates

That would be the easiest way.

0 Likes 0 ·

Please also update VictronConnect to the latest, the current firmware today for MPPT is 1.42

0 Likes 0 ·