question

johnjaymack avatar image
johnjaymack asked

Victron Nodes not functioning

I had been investigating and using several of the Victron node to get information from my two Multipls-2 2x120 units which are running in parallel. A couple of days back, Node Red began behaving strangely. It would not load, then would load and then crash. I searched the posts and believe that I have updated to the latest version. I got a message welcoming me to the updated Node Red with new features. And now Node Red seems to be stable.

I was using the VE Bus System node and now when I open it, it reports the correct unit, Multiplus II 24/3000/70-50 2x120, but every measurement reports "undefined."

Do I need to remove and re-install the various node to get them to work, or is there another step that I have not taken yet?

Node-RED
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
derrick thomas avatar image
derrick thomas answered ·

Depending on how far "back" your previous version of node red was, there may be some migration necessary. Recent updates have made changes to the victron nodes which require "re-connecting" many of the nodes. Open the node and re-select the device and path from the available lists.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

johnjaymack avatar image
johnjaymack answered ·

I went to the VE Bus System node and opened a new instance. I connected it to a debug node for output. In the VE Bus System node, my Multiplus II shows up as the only device available, which is correct.

On the measurement tab, I have selected various different measurements to see/test. The universal message that is output is reported as:

"8/29/2023, 1:21:26 PMnode: debug 10MultiPlus-II 24/3000/70-50 2x120V - Output frequency phase 1 (Hz) : msg.InputPower : undefined

undefined"

The above is just one example. "Undefined" is the constant. I know some measurements will be undefined if my units are not configure for or capable of the measurement. A couple of weeks ago, this node was working properly. I am not sure what I should do to re-establish functioning..

2 |3000

johnjaymack avatar image
johnjaymack answered ·

Ok, I kept searching and came across the command;

1. rm -rf /data/home/nodered/ && svc -t /service/node-red-venus/

I found it on another thread but I am not sure how to put a link for that thread.

I Searched for

Node-Red repair/re-install

It appears that my Node Red works again.

2 |3000