question

helmut11 avatar image
helmut11 asked

Problems with MP2 since strong thunderstorm

ESS system DC coupled, one MP2 5000 connected to L1 on ACin.
For 1.5 years the system runs without problem.

Since a few hours I have problems. MP2 oscillates on between charging and feeding.
Then had the MP2 off for 2 hours and the MPPTs fully charged the batteries.

Turned the MP2 back on and now an additional problem. ACin has been no current for hours according to VRM "Input current phase 1" is 0. Oscillation is currently gone, I believe because the batteries are currently full.

EM24 shows current on all three phases, L2 and L3 consumption, L1 input. (picture 1)

What is very strange is that in the remote console at the Multiplus power is seen on AC Out L1, but there is nothing connected! Approximately the same amount that should normally be seen on ACIn L1 (-) (picture 2)
Can it be that MP2 internally, current flows from AC Out 1 to AC In 1?

We had a strong thunderstorm tonight. Can it be that the MP2 is defect, after lightning strikes nearby? But everything (panels and all devices) is grounded and additionally in the junction boxes have a surge protectors. All surge protectors are fine.

img-5121.png

img-5120.png

Multiplus-II
img-5120.png (99.4 KiB)
img-5121.png (205.4 KiB)
img-5119.png (207.3 KiB)
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·
@Helmut11

Did you do a full sytem shutdown?

As in everything off completely including the grid feed. And everything fully disconnected? Waiting for a bit so all caps are discharged -precharge and restart again.

If there were close strikes they (dont always) can intefere with the brains a bit it does not necessarily have to be a direct strike.

0 Likes 0 ·
helmut11 avatar image helmut11 Alexandra ♦ commented ·

Hello Alexandra,

Yes, I had the system completely down for about 3 minutes. The grid and battery were also off. Are 3 minutes enough to discharge the caps?

0 Likes 0 ·
0 Answers