question

dylan avatar image
dylan asked

Can Multiplus 2 ACout 2 be programmed to open on state of charge?

With the new version of the multiplus 2, I was under the impression that you could program it to use battery to a certain state of charge? Is this correct? And is this even when the grid is not available?

Multiplus-II
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Mark avatar image
Mark answered ·

In the programmable relay 'Switch Conditions' tab select 2 options to control the programable relay (AC Out 2) - 'AC Input' and 'State Of Charge'.

It should then act if either of the 2 conditions are satisfied.

An ON condition also has priority over an OFF condition.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @Dylan
This is correct, you can program it with assistants to work as you want it to.

5 comments
2 |3000

dylan avatar image dylan commented ·

So is there a special assistant i need to load to do this. Can it be loaded with the ESS assistant I have.

0 Likes 0 ·
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ dylan commented ·

You can use relay assistants, or the 'generator start/stop assistant'

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/assistants:overview_of_available_assistants#generator_start_and_stop

0 Likes 0 ·
dylan avatar image dylan Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ commented ·

Is there a guide somewhere for relay assistants?

0 Likes 0 ·
dylan avatar image dylan commented ·

Is there a guide on how to do this?

thanks

0 Likes 0 ·

I am not aware of a specific guide for what you are trying to do beyond the assistants documentation already linked.

It is covered is some Victron training sessions provided to qualified installers.

You might like to contact one of them for a consultation:

https://www.victronenergy.com/where-to-buy

0 Likes 0 ·
dylan avatar image
dylan answered ·

When I program the relay, as shown in the picture. It deativates AC-2 out even if the grid is available. Is there a way to program it to only do this when there is grid failure?

ac-2-setting.png (22.0 KiB)
2 |3000