question

mkk avatar image
mkk asked

Hex and Text Protocol

Hi there,

I read that TEXT messages are sent every 60 secs by the BMV 7xx series. I could read those.

There is also the HEX mode. Is there a way to switch off the TEXT messages? I'd like to poll certain values in HEX mode. Can I switch TEXT off or should I wait until I have received all text messages and their check sum and afterwards start polling.

Best regards,

Markus

BMV Battery Monitor
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Trevin Corkery avatar image
Trevin Corkery answered ·

Text mode will turn off automatically for a few seconds when you send a valid Hex message. For those few seconds though you may get asynchronous hex messages so you just need to filter the output to find the correct response to your request.

**Edit**
Also text messages are sent every second, not 60 seconds. (Two blocks sent in that one second time frame)

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

mkk avatar image
mkk answered ·

Thank you Trevin. Was working on it myself. You are right: every 1sec history and other values are send in text mode. It appears that if a command (get/set) is sent to BMV the response arrives within the next few seconds. Hence the response can come straight after or after the next text package. I don't think that the automatic text messages stop. I may provide the code for it soon on github.

2 |3000