question

atwijukye avatar image
atwijukye asked

Victron smart batteries

I recently purchased 12 100ah victron smart batteries but the supplier made a mistake and included 12v/200ah. Kindly help me how I can connect these

error 3
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·
It would be kind of you to tell your seller about that mistake, the 200Ah smart lithium costs around 2000€.
0 Likes 0 ·
atwijukye avatar image atwijukye Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·
@Matthias Lange - DE i am in Africa and the supplie is in UK. The cost of taking back is astromical. i will pay him instead. but i need your assistance on how to use this with the rest of the 100ahr batteries.

0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
klim8skeptic avatar image
klim8skeptic answered ·

@atwijukye@mrc.gm You have a generous supplier in giving extra battery capacity .

You will need to read the Lithium Battery Smart manual. to learn how to pick a BMS that will suit your battery usage.

You must use a BMS with the LSB to protect the battery from destructive over / under voltage situations, and cell damaging temperature extremes.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

atwijukye avatar image atwijukye commented ·
@klim8skeptic i bought these batteries almost eight months back and i discovered this error this week. The problem is that both the 200 and 100Ahr batteriy are the same in size (same dimensions) with almost the same weight. I have a victron V.E bus BMS. What do u think will happen if i connect the 200hr battery with 11 other 100ahr batteries in a 48v system
0 Likes 0 ·
klim8skeptic avatar image klim8skeptic ♦ atwijukye commented ·

@atwijukye@mrc.gm Following the Series / parallel section LSB manual, you can not use different capacity or different model batteries in a series string.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic