question

onkeltom17 avatar image
onkeltom17 asked

Need help for Lead Acid Wet Battery profile for SmartSolar MPPT100/50

Hello all,
I'm struggling with the correct setting for my 4 BIGSOLARDC180TLDR batteries in MPPT 100/50.
The datasheet only says:
12V, 180Ah, deep cycle technology, lead acid wet battery
https://www.batterie-industrie-germany.de/big-professional-solar-dc-12v-180ah-c100
charge voltage: 14.4 - 14.8V
recommended charge current: 14A (C20 = 145Ah)
I want to replace the current PWM solar chgarger in my existing solat setup with the SmartSolar MPPT 100/50. But I don't have more information for a custom profile.

The 4 batteries are connectord to a 24V set with 2x2 batteries.

Can anyone help me by the correct settings for the profile? Any hints are very welcome. (also in german language)
Thanks and regards,
Winfried

MPPT SmartSolarlead-acid
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
seb71 avatar image
seb71 answered ·

Start from one of the pre-defined profiles for flooded lead-acid and tweak that.

-------

Regarding this:

I want to replace the current PWM solar chgarger in my existing solat setup with the SmartSolar MPPT 100/50.

Make sure the PV panel array has enough voltage, but without closing to 100V, even in lowest temperatures.

The MPPT needs at least 5V higher PV voltage than battery voltage, but preferably you should not be right at that borderline.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

MPPT product page

VictronConnect manual

PWM or MPPT

MPPT calculator

MPPT codes