question

otterspeed avatar image
otterspeed asked

Quattro 24/3000 Not Updateable Not updatable (1342)

Hi all,

I'm trying to update my Quattro 24/3000 connected to a Cerbo GX via the VRM portal but I'm getting the 'Not updateable (1342)' error.

Just curious if this means I would have to get a MK3 USB adapter to get to the latest firmware or if there is another workaround. Would be a pain to get the MK3 adapter to use only once.

Current firmware V132, latest v209.

Thanks in advance!

Tom

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

It is not supported on devices below 426 firmware. So yours isn't compatible.

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/venus-os:remote_ve.bus_firmware_updates#limitations_and_requirements

3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

otterspeed avatar image otterspeed commented ·

Check, thanks! So that would mean getting a USB MK3 adapter for further firmware updates right?

0 Likes 0 ·
nickdb avatar image nickdb ♦♦ otterspeed commented ·
Correct, you would use the old school tools - veflash to update as victron connect won't work with that version either.
1 Like 1 ·
JohnC avatar image JohnC ♦ otterspeed commented ·
@Otterspeed

Your existing v132 is the old microprocessor, for which v209 is the latest. And will likely remain the latest. So the MK3 won't see much future use, unless you use it to change settings locally.

Maybe your friendly Victron dealer has a loaner?

1 Like 1 ·