question

rangeview23 avatar image
rangeview23 asked

Low voltage high SOC

Hey guys,

Just installed new 100ah battery with Bluetooth 500a shunt. I have set all the parameters up as per the store instructed me to.

Yesterday I had a SOC of 42% and voltage of 10 1 volts-no problems, I'll just charge it the next day. But, before I charged it (the next morning) it read 100% SOC but a low voltage of 10v.

I completely disconnected my fridge and the shunt read 0A then plugged the fridge back in making sure it still draws the correct current when it's running.

Hi is can I have a low voltage but a SOC of 100%?

battery system voltage
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Mike Dorsett avatar image
Mike Dorsett answered ·

The SOC is a calculated value, not a measured value. So it needs to be synchronised with the battery at full charge fairly frequently. Also, various efficiency and other coefficients need to be accurately set up for this to track - even moderately accurately.

Far easier to rely on cell voltages.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

kai-fuchs avatar image
kai-fuchs answered ·

If you use the shunt together with a solar system set the charge detection voltage and time high enough. Ive something like 14,0v and 45min with an AGM Battery and it works great.img-1578.jpeg

img-1578.jpeg (195.5 KiB)
2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic