question

Franc avatar image
Franc asked

Phoenix 12/2000 installation question

I am in planning stage of installing Phoenix 12/2000VA on my boat. Boat has 3 x 200 AH LFP batteries. Each battery has 80 A circuit breaker, meaning max 240 A. As inverter heaviest load will use 1250W of power, 240 A is acceptable limit for us. Question: Do i need fuse on inverter cable, manual recommends 300 A, as already have effectively 240 A fuse on house battery?

inverter current draw
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
kai-fuchs avatar image
kai-fuchs answered ·

I think your current setup should be ok, more fuses don’t hurt. But there should be no scenario where this 300A would Trip first.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

Fuse positives as near the source as possible. The positive from the phoenix to the batteries is effectively unfused until the cable reaches the fuses on the batteries.

1 comment
2 |3000

kai-fuchs avatar image kai-fuchs commented ·
Isn’t the phoenix the load not the source? I believe Franc refers to a Phoenix Inverter, not a Charger. Therefore it should be fine
0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic