question

bobybayo avatar image
bobybayo asked

Brand new Quattro installation turns temperature warning SOLVED - FACTORY ISSUE??? See Photo

I’m replacing my 2 Multiplus in split phase 180 with 2 Quattro inverters. When I connected everything and started the setup one of the Quattro turns high temperature light and fans at high speed. The other Quattro is fine. Any clues? This are new units.

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
bobybayo avatar image
bobybayo answered ·

SOLVED. I opened the top cover of the Quattro and found 2 plugs that were not connected. See photo. I hate to think that this was an assembly issue since it is so basic butnmany would not even dare to open the cover to check.

img-0215.jpeg

img-0215.jpeg (394.5 KiB)
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ commented ·
Thanks for posting. One of the moderators has flagged this with Victron.
0 Likes 0 ·
michelg avatar image
michelg answered ·

Hi, looks like a QC issue ! Victron could check any other product using part of the serial #, as it could have been forgotten on many units. Good point you found it and also the solution.

2 |3000

Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Hi @bobybayo,

Thanks for the report and apologies for the inconvenience. Thankfully a quick fix for the right troubleshooter.

I’ve passed it on to the QA team.

2 |3000