question

isoar avatar image
isoar asked

Help with small hybrid generator and 2 MultiPlus IIs

Hi everybody,

I have a houseboat that I am running entirely on solar. I have two VE MultiPlus IIs, running in parallel/split phase 180 so that I can power L1 and L2 separately in a standard two branch AC circuit breaker (American) box and therefore use 240V minisplit air conditioners. I'm using a 48 volt LiFePho4 battery bank (4x12 in series) and although I am in the Florida keys, I can't run my AC all night before the batteries run out and of course there is no solar overnight.

What I thought I would do is buy a small hybrid generator and input the Master MPII in the AC IN. I thought Hybrid because my readings said these small (portable) generators would not work and have a noisy sine wave. By using a hybrid generator and feeding the 120 volt output into the AC IN of the Master MPII, I thought I would get over the noisy signal and the MPII would accept the input. This would help me charge the batteries after sunset AND feed the inverters to run the AC all night.

So first question...do I only run the AC 120V output of the generator into ONLY the Master MPII's AC IN or do I have to run it to both?

Second, what other settings do I need to do to the MPIIs? I understand that I need to change the AC Input Current Limit to something appropriate for a 5000 watt continuous generator ouput? Is that correct? Why 3 amps and do I enable the Dynamic Current Limiter?

Thanks in advance and I can't seem to find any answer to this unusual setup since it is not really a parallel configuration but a split phase 180.

Regards,

Jorge

Generatorsplit phase
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

0 Answers