question

cwb212001 avatar image
cwb212001 asked

Charge Controller Output to Inverter

My MPPT charge controller is right next to my inverter that already has 1/0 cables coming from the battery stack. Is it necessary to run the output of my charge controller to the battery stack with its own set of (smaller) wire? Can I connect it to the terminals on the inverter since it's all the same buss if you will? Or should I connect the charge controller output to the battery side of the inverter's 1/0 fuse block to prevent the controller trying to run the inverter if the fuse blows? Which scenario makes the most sense? Thank you for the time.

MPPT Controllers
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
derrick thomas avatar image
derrick thomas answered ·

There is no issue with connecting the MPPT battery cables to the main cables of the multi.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Kevin Windrem avatar image
Kevin Windrem answered ·

Just remember to fuse the smaller wires going to the MPPT. Generally, fuses protect the wiring not devices. You want to insure a short of the wiring to the MPPT doesn't burn up the wires.

2 |3000