question

rithym1964 avatar image
rithym1964 Suspended asked

Multiplus II. Where is the temp probe for derating?

Wonder if anyone has information on where the temp probe is located inside the Multi II for derate purposes?

TIA

Multiplus-II
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
daza avatar image
daza answered ·

Do you mean derating for battery charging? If I’m not mistaken its in the Multiplus box to be connected to T-Sense terminals. Is that what you are referring too?

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

rithym1964 avatar image rithym1964 commented ·

Are there more than one temp probe? Is there one for charging and another for Inverting?

I doubt it as the MII either inverts one way or charges the other, not both at the same time. The logical place is somewhere inside the big transformer for reasons stated above but I would really like to know what I need to cool as the temp light on both parallel units is flashing a lot here in Portugal. I notice the temp shows up in remote console so is it using the battery temp? I don't know but would like confirmation from someone who does.

TIA

0 Likes 0 ·
nickdb avatar image nickdb ♦♦ rithym1964 commented ·
You can attach an external one for temperature compensation, has nothing to do with inverter performance.

Not sure where the internal measurement is taken for determining the multis performance.

0 Likes 0 ·
seb71 avatar image
seb71 answered ·

I would really like to know what I need to cool as the temp light on both parallel units is flashing a lot here in Portugal.

It's a bad idea to cool the temperature sensor.

If you want additional cooling, then cool the device, not directly/mainly the temperature sensor.

1 comment
2 |3000

nickdb avatar image nickdb ♦♦ commented ·
It is also why you need to up-size for warm climates. Hot ambient temps really hurt performance and if you intend running it vaguely near spec, it will only end in disappointment.

Air conditioning the room may be more effective. Additional forced cooling/extraction only seems to delay the derating for sustained loads.

0 Likes 0 ·