question

kenzo avatar image
kenzo asked

"DVCC max charge current" setting stops working - am I the only one using it?

I created a very simple Node Red flow to adjust the max charge current depending on SOC; since sometimes, my 3-phase MP-II system gets "stuck" on a value, I opened a support case since it seems as if the MP-II do not honor that setting until the system is reset - however, I was referred back here since anything that has to do with Node Red will not be supported. I initially suspected that there might have been an issue with me sending the same value over and over which was fixed using a filter:

current.png

It can easily be reproduced that whatever current is configured (either manually or via Node Red) will only be used when the system is reset once the system gets into this state. I have now upgraded the firmware from 498 to 506 which will hopefully resolve the issue (even though the changelog doesn't indicate this unfortunately).

So while I'm waiting for the issue to (hopefully not!) reappear after upgrading to the latest firmware version, I was wondering if I'm really the only one to do something like this?

Node-REDDVCC
current.png (19.4 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

Do you feed back? Charge current limit isn't honoured where feed-in is enabled on the GX.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

kenzo avatar image
kenzo answered ·

I'm feeding back excess power from my AC-coupled PV which works fine. And again, the setting usually works fine for a few days/weeks until it stops. It'll then seemingly get stuck on one of the settings (e.g. 40A) until the inverters are reset. Then the loop begins again.

2 comments
2 |3000

nickdb avatar image nickdb ♦♦ commented ·
Ok, and manually changing it from the remote console also doesn't work either?

Restarting the cerbo has no effect, it requires an inverter restart?

0 Likes 0 ·
kenzo avatar image kenzo nickdb ♦♦ commented ·

That's right - the code does set the value and it is changing in Cerbo/Venus OS, however it stops having an effect whenever the situation occurs. It seems that it's set in Cerbo, but doesn't get updated in inverter memory.

It doesn't matter if the code sets the value, or the code is disabled and you set it manually. As an example, the actual current will stay at ~40A, and even if I set it to 100A, it'll continue staying at around 40A.

You would only realize this isn't working anymore when comparing your actual, currently active value with the one that's reflected on the status page/VRM.

Restarting Cerbo does not have any effect. Resetting the inverter always does.

0 Likes 0 ·
kenzo avatar image
kenzo answered ·

For posterity, following a firmware upgrade from 498 to 506, I haven't observed this issue anymore yet.
That's what I thought initially, but the problem persists; as you can see in below graph, I'm plotting DVCC max charge current and actual current (which again remains around 40A which is one of my settings). Once I reboot the MP-IIs, the actual current goes back up to 210A.
1696413121462.png

1696413121462.png (19.5 KiB)
2 |3000