question

greasyrick avatar image
greasyrick asked

Can you use a Multiplus II 48/3000 UL listed with a non UL listed for split-face?

Hi, I recently purchased two Multiplus II 48volt 3000 VA units to grid tie them and run them for a 240volt setup, one is UL listed with longer bottom cover and stamped with a certification logo on front cover, and the other one lacks these two mentioned characteristics, my questions are as follow: if I decide to use these two different ones, will it be any software compatibility issues when I connect them to Victron config, and try to configure them for split face? will they work differently, like one hotter than the other one, causing a difference in voltage between faces? I understand that the certification is mainly for grid tied applications, but I want to make sure there is no other differences than physical characteristics, and that they will not affect the performance of the units working on split face

Multiplus-II
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
derrick thomas avatar image
derrick thomas answered ·

They must be the exact same model number (with the exception that one can be a gx model and the other not) and as close as possible to the same production date.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

greasyrick avatar image greasyrick commented ·
Care to explain why?
0 Likes 0 ·
greasyrick avatar image greasyrick commented ·
I get it about the date, since sometimes manufacturers change components that will have the same purpose “and specs” but build by someone else or revised.
0 Likes 0 ·
nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/ve.bus:manual_parallel_and_three_phase_systems

• All units in one system must be the same type and firmware version, this includes same size, system voltage, and feature set. The type is indicated by the first four digits of the firmware version number. For details, see the “VE.Bus Firmware Numbering System” section in the VE.Bus Firmware versions explained document.

2 |3000

greasyrick avatar image
greasyrick answered ·

Update, got the non UL listed returned, the seller is sending me another UL listed that they got at the same time they got the UL listed they sent earlier, so hopefully the manufacturing date is pretty close.

2 |3000