question

dgorman avatar image
dgorman asked

BMV-712 shows 10 days remaining as max

Hi,

I’ve noticed that even after specifying the correct Ah that after 10 days of battery remaining it goes to infinite. Is there a way to show higher than 10 days remaining?

BMV Battery Monitor
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Mark avatar image
Mark answered ·

No & 10 days is a long time so it would probably not be very wise to base the time to go for 10+ days based on the instantaneous usage currently occurring.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

dgorman avatar image dgorman commented ·

Mark,

understood, but 10 days being a “long time” is purely subjective without knowing my application. is there a technical reason why it can’t show more or just purely a soft limit?

0 Likes 0 ·
Mark avatar image Mark ♦♦ dgorman commented ·

Understand/agree - its just a simple calculation so I would think that the 10h max display limit is only a reasonable decision that Victron made.

I hope that you understand that during periods of battery charge, infinite time to go is obviously the only correct answer. As if that state was maintained then the battery would never discharge.

0 Likes 0 ·