question

Markus Trinler avatar image
Markus Trinler asked

Separate battery in/out on Multiplus

My BMS has two current sensors. One for charging currents and one for the loads. Is there any way to seperate the output from the charger from the input for the inverter of a Mulitplus 24/5000/120-100?

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
kai avatar image
kai answered ·

I think you're out of luck sorry. The multiplus uses a common set of external wires to the battery. Can your BMS be programmed to sense bidirectional current on a single sensor?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

The MultiPlus does not comprise of a separate charger and inverter. It comprises of a single converter which operates as a charger and then switches over to be an inverter depending on what role it needs to perform.
Therefore, as Kai said, it only has a single battery connection.

2 |3000

Markus Trinler avatar image
Markus Trinler answered ·

Thanks for the answers!

2 comments
2 |3000

Paul B avatar image Paul B commented ·

Hi Markus what sort of BMS is it.

if its a Smart123 then you can use just one sensor the load sensor and this will read by directional for you. the only down side is that the load and charge in and outs screen on the phone dont show any readings but the grand total in the middle works fine

0 Likes 0 ·
Markus Trinler avatar image Markus Trinler Paul B commented ·

Hi Paul, I'm using the ECS LiPro1-6 Active and the ECS Greenview (to get Modbus TCP). For this BMS I have to use two current sensors (HAL sensors) because they are not bidirectional. But it’s possible. The disadvantage is that I only get the difference of the currents and not their absolute values, and the need of more current sensors. But if there is no other way, I’m going to build it that way.

0 Likes 0 ·