question

gilles avatar image
gilles asked

multiplus AC IN not charging

I have a config in a van with a 250 Ah Lithium batterie, 800 Va multiplus, 2 Mppt 75/15 and 5 solar panels on the roof.

Recently i noticied my multi is not charging when i am plug in to the grid 220v.

I have a 2 way switch remote for the multi. All the dip switch are on OFF . I think i should put DIP 1 on ON for the remote. But it does work currently.

Everything was working fine since a few days ago, before that the multi would switch automatically to charger from inverter.

But now nope, nothing. I have tried manually nope. He doesnt want to stay on charger.

Also ,I noticed that my mppts were on gel , as i forgot to put on lithium mode.

And in Ve config there is the VS, and i dont know what to choose there ?

And maybe it is that remote 2 way switch that mess it all up. I can only turn the inverter ON and OFF and the mullti would turn on by itself to charger when there 220v coming on AC IN.

Dont know what to do.

Here are my settings if you can spot something that is not correct

multi-1.jpg

victron-config.jpg

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
multi-1.jpg (140.6 KiB)
victron-config.jpg (145.8 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
gilles avatar image
gilles answered ·

here are the settings for the BMV and MPPT

20230803-161913.jpg

screenshot-20230803-140527.jpg

screenshot-20230803-155004.jpg

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

mjs500 avatar image
mjs500 answered ·

thanks stop read question on my phone

1 comment
2 |3000

gilles avatar image gilles commented ·
Yes no mains in showing, and AC was plugged in ...

0 Likes 0 ·
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·
@gilles

Disable virtual switch if you want to choose when to connect or for it to connect and charge immediately.

The same settings are done in Victron connect for the inverter. It is called conditional AC connect. Use that instead of VE config, it is easier to understand.

1 comment
2 |3000

gilles avatar image gilles commented ·
Thanks, i did put dip 1 ON. And disable the VS. Sent the modified settings to the multi via MK3 and now the charger is on...

Also victron connect is easier to understand its true.

0 Likes 0 ·