question

joeoffgrid avatar image
joeoffgrid asked

MPPT is actually idle but says bulk or absorption?!

Please have a look at the pic. What is going on here?

MPPT Controllers
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

wkirby avatar image wkirby ♦♦ commented ·

I'll start with a silly question first.
Is the charger enabled? Check Settings - > Battery -> then there is a switch to enable or disable the charger.

0 Likes 0 ·
joeoffgrid avatar image joeoffgrid wkirby ♦♦ commented ·

Yep. Two completely separate systems doing this. Didn't touch them for a few days. No energy consumption either.

When I turn them off the LEDs don't say bulk or absorption. They were floating for about a week. Now I was shocked they were in bulk because there was no energy consumed in the mean time and I just walked past the chargers at noon expecting the usual float indication.

More shocked when I saw that the LEDs lied and the batteries are just idle. Due to my load config now the load was off even with idle solar cells. That was definitely not intended.

0 Likes 0 ·
2 Answers
joeoffgrid avatar image
joeoffgrid answered ·
disconnected from the battery for a short while the behaviour seems okay again...!?
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

joeoffgrid avatar image
joeoffgrid answered ·

Nobody an idea? Two chargers next to each other but completely separate systems doing the same. Today they were both fine.

2 comments
2 |3000

wkirby avatar image wkirby ♦♦ commented ·

No more ideas from me. Most strange for two to do the same. There is some common entity that is playing a part here, but no idea what it could be without more knowledge of your system setup.

0 Likes 0 ·
joeoffgrid avatar image joeoffgrid wkirby ♦♦ commented ·

Yes.

- Temperature (about 37°C).

How to read out internal temperature of the charger? Or its estimated battery temperature? How to recognize it's overheated?

- Same time period in float condition.

Will it stay in float indefinitely?

I think if it is turned off it should never say "bulk" or "absorption", right?

0 Likes 0 ·