question

joshua Richard Sabuni avatar image
joshua Richard Sabuni asked

Fronius program relay to activate when fronius started production

I have three 8kva quattros connected in parallel with Fronius symo 13kva used to power a 20 HP three-phase induction motor for maize milling.

I want to install an indication that will allow the operator to see if the Fronius has started production cause it mostly starts milling in the middle of the day and the battery is almost 100% which means the Victron will perform frequency shift to power off the Fronius but when the operator starts the machine the battery will take the initial start fronius will take a while to start. I want i way to tell if Fronius has started production so that the operator can start loading up the maize to the mill mach

link to the video of the project under operation

Fronius
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

mvas avatar image mvas commented ·

Can the operator look at the Color Display, to see if the Fronius is producing watts?

0 Likes 0 ·
joshua Richard Sabuni avatar image joshua Richard Sabuni mvas commented ·

the color control and interns are located in another room

0 Likes 0 ·
3 Answers
victech-power avatar image
victech-power answered ·

Assuming you integrated the Fronius in the Victron ecosystem and assuming you can run large image on your GX device you can do :
Node Red functionality; to program anything you want.
If you want to go non physical you can do email, txt message or even post a message on a screen. Want to go physical you can use the NC/NO relays available to drive a "light and or sound".
It would require some skill but there are lots of manuals / howto's out there.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

joshua Richard Sabuni avatar image
joshua Richard Sabuni answered ·

victron ecosystem?

2 |3000

victech-power avatar image
victech-power answered ·

That the Fronius is integrated in your GX device ( the Victron Ecosystem / heart of the system ).
See : AC-coupled PV with Fronius PV Inverters [Victron Energy]

However if you have a Color Control GX ( which I now read in your comments ) , that one does not support large image to run NodeRed.

See: Venus OS Large image: Signal K and Node-RED [Victron Energy]

2 |3000