question

skuner avatar image
skuner asked

IP22 charger used as power supply

Hi everyone,

I’ using the IP22 charger as power supply.

Is it correct that the charger make again the step charge sequence, absorption-float-storage, when I plug in it.

charger
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

skuner avatar image skuner commented ·

team Victron? :-)

0 Likes 0 ·
3 Answers
wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

If you press the mode button whilst it is in power supply mode, it should go into normal battery charger mode.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

eliaskaz avatar image
eliaskaz answered ·

hello.. i am interested in buying ip22 to use as a power supply for coding car.. can i use it with battery connected(manual says used as a power supply without battery connected)? has anyone used it like this before? thank you

2 |3000

simon-buttenshaw avatar image
simon-buttenshaw answered ·

I'm not sure how you would use the IP22 as a power supply without battery connected, but I've just installed one to charge leisure batteries on a boat and it works as a power supply with batteries connected. Overnight it went through the stages and checking it this morning arrived at storage mode. I've used fridge, radio, diesel heater all day and you can see the current they draw via the Bluetooth app

I think so long as the current drawn by your dc appliances does not exceed the current from the charger (mine is 15a) then in effect you are using the charger as a power supply as the current is drawn from the charger rather than depleting the batteries.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic