question

zain avatar image
zain asked

After how long does an overload warning come after the overload happens

The overload happened at 11.30 in phase 2, with 4100W. The warning came after some time when the load was around 3000W. Its a 5kVA multi, 4kW power.

So question is, after how long does the warning come? it should be instantaneous right?

Multiplus-II
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@Zain

What alerts are you referring to?

On the inverter, the lights will be flashing on the unit, the GX will show alarms in notifications.

As for the VRM (push or email) notification that is different.

It depends on how you have set your logging to the VRM and the duration for alarms. And then will further be delayed by your internet connection on the device you are using for the notification.

The idea is it is instantaneous but in reality internet is in the middle....

4 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

zain avatar image zain commented ·
The overload warning that appears in the VRM portal. I cant really see the inverter is person because its on site.

So its completely normal to get the warning after the load wattage increases and then goes back down?

How do i get the setting for duration for alarms?

0 Likes 0 ·
Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ zain commented ·
Yes it is normal depends on the duration of the overload.

Your logging interval is set in VRM portal in the menu. But again that is 60 second logging minimum. Alot can happen in that time.

I think also warnings and alarms (even the user setable ones) have the same delay duration.

You could always try a custom one so you get alerted when the loads are above a certain amount.

1 Like 1 ·
nickdb avatar image nickdb ♦♦ zain commented ·
While the event time is accurate, it will take minutes to work it's way through VRM and email/push.

I would not worry about random overload warnings, they happen, many people just disable that alarm.

A weak grid can also cause it.

As suggested, probably easier to create a custom alarm based on output.

1 Like 1 ·
zain avatar image zain nickdb ♦♦ commented ·
okay, i will try that out.
@Alexandra @nickdb thanks for the help!! Appreciate it!
1 Like 1 ·