question

lexxlmt avatar image
lexxlmt asked

MultiPlus not turning on

I have a newly assembled system as of two months ago. 4x100ah battle bornes, 600 watt solar, Orion 12/12/30, MPPT 100/50, and the MultiPlus 12/3000/120. The DC system is running well and running 24/7 with my DC loads-fridge, lights, fan. I've turned my Multiplus on a handful of times while assembling the system to make sure it was working. It has worked fine for all of my testing. Last week I turned the MP on to actually use it for an hour while I charged a camera battery. After the hour, I turned it off. Now, a week later, I'm trying to turn the Multiplus on and it will not turn on at all.

I checked for loose connections and all look fine. I checked the 400megafuse and that looks in tact. I'm new at all of this and not really sure how to actually use my multimeter to check voltage. I'm still learning.

A few others on other pages have suggested checking volts and also suggested rebooting the system but I don't know how to do either. I need help please.

Any suggestions? Thank you!

Multiplus-II
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Mike Dorsett avatar image
Mike Dorsett answered ·

If you are unsure about how to use your test meter, you might need some local technical assistance. However, you primarily need to first set the multimeter to the correct range: DC Volts, 0-20V would be sufficient for a 12V system. Then the black lead should go the the battery negative, and then work from the battery positive to the inverter positive terminal, the inverter side of the mega-fuse, then the inverter negative terminal.your battery voltage should be 12.8 - 13.2V depending on state of charge. With the inverter switched off, you should get that voltage on all of the positive side, and 0v on the inverter negative terminal. Try also with the inverter switched on - if there is a connection with high resistance, you will see a voltage drop across that terminal.

Hope this helps.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

lexxlmt avatar image lexxlmt commented ·

Thank you! A few people have explained the multimeter to me so I’ve just tried it now.

It’s reading 13.67 both at the bolts on the MP as well as on the lynx dist. f5c1062d-f11d-4d5a-8b42-d61bda4c1413.jpega2bd4000-6351-4033-98b1-0b0f5d566b2b.jpeg

0 Likes 0 ·